Ändra sökning
RefereraExporteraLänk till posten
Permanent länk

Direktlänk
Referera
Referensformat
  • apa
  • harvard1
  • ieee
  • modern-language-association-8th-edition
  • vancouver
  • Annat format
Fler format
Språk
  • de-DE
  • en-GB
  • en-US
  • fi-FI
  • nn-NO
  • nn-NB
  • sv-SE
  • Annat språk
Fler språk
Utmatningsformat
  • html
  • text
  • asciidoc
  • rtf
Dispatch codes of out-of-hospital cardiac arrest should be diagnosis related rather than symptom related
Högskolan i Borås, Institutionen för Vårdvetenskap.
Visa övriga samt affilieringar
2010 (Engelska)Ingår i: European journal of emergency medicine, ISSN 0969-9546, E-ISSN 1473-5695, Vol. 17, nr 5, s. 265-269Artikel i tidskrift (Refereegranskat) Published
Abstract [en]

Objective: To describe the characteristics and outcome in out-of-hospital cardiac arrest (OHCA) in relation to (i) whether OHCA was coded by the dispatcher as a diagnosis or as a symptom and (ii) the delay until the first unit was alerted at the dispatch centre. Methods: OHCA patients in Göteborg, during 17 months, excluding OHCA after calling the rescue team. Results: Among 250 cases, 20% were coded as a diagnosis (i.e. CA) with or without ongoing cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR). Dispatch codes for the remaining 200 patients (80%) were mostly symptom related (unconsciousness in 61%, codes related to breathing problems in 10%, other codes in 24% and missing in 5%). Patients in whom the dispatchers coded the call as CA had an earlier start to CPR after collapse (median 2 vs. 10 min; P<0.0001) and a higher rate of bystander CPR (86% vs. 42%; P<0.0001). Furthermore, they tended to have a higher rate of survival to hospital discharge (14.0% vs. 6.5%; P  = 0.09). The median delay until the first unit was alerted was 1.8 min. Survival to hospital discharge was 10.0% if the delay was below median and 6.7% if the delay was above median (P = 0.48). Conclusion: Patients with OHCA who were not coded by dispatchers as such had a long delay to the start of CPR and a low survival. Dispatching according to diagnosis, that is, CA seems to improve these parameters most likely reflecting a more optimal communication between the dispatcher and the caller as well as the rescue team.

Ort, förlag, år, upplaga, sidor
Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, Ltd. , 2010. Vol. 17, nr 5, s. 265-269
Nationell ämneskategori
Hälso- och sjukvårdsorganisation, hälsopolitik och hälsoekonomi
Identifikatorer
URN: urn:nbn:se:hb:diva-2999DOI: 10.1097/MEJ.0b013e328332b912Lokalt ID: 2320/7407OAI: oai:DiVA.org:hb-2999DiVA, id: diva2:871094
Tillgänglig från: 2015-11-13 Skapad: 2015-11-13 Senast uppdaterad: 2017-09-06Bibliografiskt granskad

Open Access i DiVA

Fulltext saknas i DiVA

Övriga länkar

Förlagets fulltext

Personposter BETA

Axelsson, CHerlitz, Johan

Sök vidare i DiVA

Av författaren/redaktören
Axelsson, CHerlitz, Johan
Av organisationen
Institutionen för Vårdvetenskap
I samma tidskrift
European journal of emergency medicine
Hälso- och sjukvårdsorganisation, hälsopolitik och hälsoekonomi

Sök vidare utanför DiVA

GoogleGoogle Scholar

doi
urn-nbn

Altmetricpoäng

doi
urn-nbn
Totalt: 320 träffar
RefereraExporteraLänk till posten
Permanent länk

Direktlänk
Referera
Referensformat
  • apa
  • harvard1
  • ieee
  • modern-language-association-8th-edition
  • vancouver
  • Annat format
Fler format
Språk
  • de-DE
  • en-GB
  • en-US
  • fi-FI
  • nn-NO
  • nn-NB
  • sv-SE
  • Annat språk
Fler språk
Utmatningsformat
  • html
  • text
  • asciidoc
  • rtf